Monday, September 7, 2009

To Those Who Labor

To my husband who labors for me and Paul so that we have the life we have, so that I can stay home with Paul and that he supports me in doing that even though it means having less.

To my mom and dad, who have labored their whole life for me, and continue to support me even as I am a grown-up, who labored so I never wanted for anything.

To those who labor to protect our country, who put their lives on the line so I don't have to think about whether it's safe or not to go out of my home.

To those who have labored before me so that I can enjoy political and religious freedom.

THANK YOU! You are the people that I pattern my own life after, and who I think about everyday and love!

Amanda

6 comments:

Elaine Brown Billings said...

You always get me right in my very soul!! Amen to everything you said.

And . . . . . your previous three posts were so great. I loved them. I just didn't have the time to respond before now.

Thanks for your posts. I am always excited to read them.

coryshay said...

Great reminder that Labor day is not just a much needed 3 day weekend! Thanks!

wendy said...

That was well said.

Unknown said...

:-D

annette said...

You are so sweet. You forgot the labor of a good mother. Paul will know how lucky he is in about 20 years.

kcsars said...

See? You are still one of the most thoughtful, soulful people I know. How amazing you are to write this poem for Labor day. Thanks for helping me count my blessings.
p.s. You were the first blessing I counted! Miss you.